Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Everyday i wake up thinking about how will i go to college or what if i don’t get any grant money.

  I am 17 years old and through out my life I have lived in Anson County. It has changed a lot in many ways, it went from having a strict environment to basically not caring at all; that goes for how parents raise their children and government also. My mother makes me go to school everyday, and she tells me to keep my head in the book and not think about boys, drama, or things that won’t help me in the future. That’s what i did from the beginning till the end. Now we have “children” walking around pregnant (as my grandmother says babies having babies) and that is literally what it has turned into. Not only is that a problem, but there are no jobs for teens to work and when we do it’s only for a couple of hours. It’s even harder than back in the day to keep your life going in a positive direction because of the surrounding things behind him.

Everyday i wake up thinking about how will i go to college or what if i don’t get any grant money. Now a days you have to turn to the military to pay for college or anything else you really want to do in life and sometimes you just don’t see that in your future. We have a lot of drop outs in school, luckily not Anson New Tech, but it’s a lot that really don’t care. When things like that happen the only thing that crosses my mind is how will our future be if we continue to let others think it’s okay to drop out and sell drugs we won’t have anything to look forward to. I remember when little children would say that they wanted to be the next president, lawyer, and nurses when they grew up; now it is completely different. We see little children beating and killing their parents, calling them out of their names; they show no respect what so ever. No one shows the respect that they use too and it doesn’t make our culture look good at all.

As far as the government i feel they need to make things a little harder! I say this because i know people that are living off welfare and really don’t need to get a job because they get WIC, Food Stamps, and other things to help them live. They even have a program to help pay their rent or cut the price down a little, honestly if i was grown and all i had to do was have children to make my life “free” i would. I guarantee that if they told them that they weren’t going to pay for them to eat and more they would start looking for a job, but as of now they don’t need to. That really takes away from the people that need it, or the people that’s really trying to give their children a better life and cant even get help. I always look at that because people now a days leach off of the government thinking they suppose to pay for everything when that is far from the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment