Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I will be taking you through my opinion of how a teenagers life is in Anson County today.

I am 17 years old and my years as a teenager have not been the best. I was the perfect child with good grades and perfect attendance and many friends but it all changed my 6th grade year. I will be taking you through my opinion of how a teenagers life is in Anson County today.
When I was younger my mom use to always tell me, her and my 6 aunts had the most fun when they were younger. They partied every weekend all night long, without all the drugs, fights, and deaths. They didn’t have bully’s or cliques, they just went to school, learned what they were supposed to, came back home and did it again the next day.

In my time it’s totally different. Nowadays you are basically determined to be like the popular kids. From the hair styles, to the shoes, to the drugs, to the way they talk. Most kids spend hundreds of dollars just to “fit in”. You have to act a certain way or you’re considered weird. You have to agree with the “top notch chick” in order to be liked, and most importantly you have you meet your friends standards in order to be considered apart of the clique. You also have the weight problems with most females. Most girls that are even a pound bigger than their best friends go anorexic. I feel like even if you are over weight you’re friends shouldn’t judge you based on that or how you walk or talk. Also don’t judge based on clothing because your friends may not have as much money as you do so money shouldn’t mess up a friendship. Then you have girls ending friendships just because of a guy. There is plenty of time for someone different that would even think about you BFF so why would you waste your time fussing over a typical dog?

In todays time sex is the number one thing on teenagers minds. I’ve made my sexual mistake and it wasn’t worth it. Most girls are my age and are already on there second child! Anson County is so small that we teens should want to go out to water parks during the summer and having snowball fights during the winter, not having sex every weekend just because you parents don’t care. Back in the day parents didn’t have to worry about the kids having sex because they told they what and what not to do but now you see adults doing it with their kids, things like drugs!
Anson County had changed in a major way. I see it as a sad story. You can’t even go to a friends birthday party on a Saturday night without seeing a fight or people shooting the place up. I rarely go out because of these to things alone. My insecurities with my weight are also reason I don’t go out much. I may not be the fattest person in the world, but I can’t help but wonder are my friends saying im fat just because I a little bigger than them or when we’re out and we see cute guys, I don’t approach due to my insecurity.

I see mothers around dressing in smaller clothes than their daughters, smoking weed with them and hooking each other up with guys. Me and my mother never had the best relationship but we kept our relationship strictly on a mother daughter basis. She didn’t talk to me about her male problems because I'm her “Child” not her gossip friend and I never talked to her about my problems because I wasn’t ready. I see boys and girls cursing their mothers out and fist fighting them all because someone engraved it into their heads that “you do this to me so Ima do this to you” I disagree with this because I have a up-most respect for my mother and for me to disrespect her by raising my voice or putting my hand on her is way out of my character.

Basically I hate Anson County’s teenagers today because they have no home training.

No comments:

Post a Comment