Monday, October 24, 2011

Reflection: Catherine Crandell - Anson County Arts Council

I enjoyed being involved in some of the interviews.  I  sat and listened to many and walked in and out during others. It was interesting to "progress", learning to set the stage better and make participants more comfortable and after a few interviews, I felt comfortable making small suggestions to both parties.  I had several very fun visits with the interviewees beforehand.  Since I am also in an older generation, I related to much of what they were saying even though I did not grow up in Anson County.  There were lots of similarities throughout the South.  I learned things about Anson County and what was important to some of the residents.
I am very proud of what we have accomplished in renovating the Theatre and hopeful that it will facilitate positive changes for the community.  I feel strongly that participation in theatre and the arts in general will have significant impact on students and the community as a whole.  I loved the script and especially how it ended upbeat with the thought that the community should and CAN come together.  I think it can!.  Right now there is another division within the community that perhaps most of the students are not aware of.  But that too can be overcome.  I have been in turmoil over that.  but reading this inspired me .   I may put the last thoughts on a sticky note to remind me.  (And perhaps pass this on to a few others) We will restore this city, restore this county-- the way the Ansonia Theatre has been restored. Beginning with the Ansonia Theatre, and going beyond The Color Purple, we will work towards the renewal of all Ansonia!  I am happy to be part of this.

Catherine Crandell 
- Anson County Arts Council

No comments:

Post a Comment