Thursday, October 20, 2011

First Read

-This script brings back many old and happy memories of Anson County. I relate them back to the many stories my grandparents have told me in the past.

-Segregation was a huge issue. Blacks had to sit in the balcony of the Ansonian theatre while whites were allowed to watch from the main floor. It's extremely weird to think that there was once segregation in this town. Today, everyone is close no matter what race they are. We all attend the same school, eat in the same restaurants and sit in the same area in a theater. 

-People were very appreciative of the theatre back in the day. It was one of the only forms of entertainment they had. 

- The Color Purple (movie): I've watched the color purple on many different occasions. It's comforting to know that a place so small (Anson County) can accomplish something so large. A few of my family members drove the old cars in this movie. I try to scout them out every time I watch this film. This movie reminds me of the old slave houses down from my home. Most of them are still standing. I still explore them from time to time. 

-There were many pasts glories in Anson County. People were proud of their home town. They found ways to improve their way of life. They thought of the theatre as a gift. It was something exciting and something to be proud of in such a small and rural area. 

-A lot of old dialect is used. Such as saying "Let's go knock around", meaning let's go waste time. 

-The script is progressing very well. A lot of history is being incorporated into it. 

-The actors are getting stronger as well. Voices are becoming clearer and emotion is present in their voice, facial expressions and actions. They are becoming more comfortable acting in front of their peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment