Wednesday, October 19, 2011

May I ask you questions

May I ask you questions
Do not find me shrud
How many years have collected upon you?
How old my dear doth thou think I am?
Twenty four, Twenty five?
Oh dear twenty three
Ohh I'm sorry I did not see.
Seventy four actually
Why did thou venture to this land?
Came here in 63
Taught things like math and history
Coached football for fun
From then the team won a ton
Is started wresting, track and field.
Sports was my thing,
You know the whole shpeal.
What about that place?
Theater of anson?
any memories of the place?
Don't you find it handsome?
I remember one thing
Mr.Wildamooth
We'd sit in the middle
For a comedy or two
He would laugh a lot
Sometimes out of the blue
He would laugh so loud
it was some times a shock
You could probably hear him for a block.
So what about money, jobs, work?
We had less shops more mills
West knitting, Cola, and toys
Racked in plenty of bills.
I like it here, less men more deer
No traffic, it's slow, peaceful
Theres very little fear.
But race, that was a problem back in they day.
Oh I never gave a hay
I taught the first team with both white and black
I also chose the mascot
A story right there.
They said rhinos and Mr.Wildamooth said no
I said the bearcats
Which no who would know
But anyway they agreed and here we are.
Anson bearcats near and far.
What about racial divides?
Oh from football I know of that
Klan members payed a visit to school one day.
They burnt down buildings and threw things at us.
Some in my team only young kids
Were part of this group the klan as it is
I told them one or another
is how it should be
There only in it because
"My parents made me"
Anything more on anson divides?
Not much but that makes me think of churches
They have gotten so small
from 400 to 70 my church has become
Thats all my questions I think I am done.
Ansonia theater what do you know?
Some say plays. Movies? Oh no!
Ansonia theater what noise is that?
Laughters so loud and actors so fat
Ansonia theater whats going on?
Rhythm and rhyme thats my favorite song
Ansonia theater what have you heard?
Color purple near by and not on a bird
Ansonia theater what have you seen?
Racial separation and hate crimes toward me.
Ansonia theater what did you cost?
Quarter a movie but no that is lost.
Ansonia theater, my dear your all new.
People you've affected and fire you knew.
Christmas to come a play we will do.
And with this poem we do honor you.

No comments:

Post a Comment